My word for 2014 is Centered.
I find myself spinning with anxiety so much that it really effects who I am and those around me. It keeps me from being my best self. But if I am centered, I can picture myself as the calm eye in the center of the tornado, breathing, and detaching from it.
If I lived my word everyday, I would:
Not freak out so much.
I would have a balance between work and play, need and want, body and mind.
I would choose projects, friends, activities carefully.
I would equitably divide my passion fruit.
I would stay healthy with a strong core.
I would have a clear mind.
I would not spin out of orbit.
To do this, I will:
Fix my morning routine to have more meditation and less internet.
Call my parents more.
Visit my grandparents.
Make more friend dates.
More walks in the woods.
More exercise.
Finding time to read.
Breathe.
Cut down on excess (food, spending, distractions).
Write more.
Pray more.
Communicate more clearly.
Do a SARK workbook.
At the end of the year, I will have:
Head
New job in a library
Written something that has been published
Have saved $10,000
Have completed the 30x30
Leave CUA having contributed something significant (handbooks, files, archives, library)
Heart
Grown deeper in my relationship with Lee
Reintegrated myself with my family, especially with Grammy and Grandpa
Cultivated new friendships that give me guidance and nourishment.
Physical World
Reading lamp
Regular exercise regimen.
Dance and martial arts classes
Shoes that don't hurt my feet.
Soul
Pray and meditate regularly
Find a Godswood
Find ways to make normal moments luxurious, relish simple things, make the ordinary special.
My 2014 First Aid Kit:
Narnia, Holding Lee's hand, singing, bath bombs, the woods, Up, Pitch Perfect, journaling, reading a good book, cleaning, decorating, organizing, making lists, massage, dates with friends, morning bacon, el taco noche, chocolate milk, mint tea, accomplishing something, music bath, running on a treadmill, breathing, engaging my core, chakra meditation, Avatar: the Last Airbender.
2014 will be the year I finally: graduate, complete 30x30, find a library job.
I will nourish myself with: friends, songs, quiet time.
I will make more time for: reading, being with people, praying, exploring the woods.
I will recharge my batteries by: holding Lee's hand, reading, writing, hiking, praying.
I will open my heart to: God, new friends, those who need my help, those whose help I need.
I will bring more space into my days by: weeding out the unnecessary things, waking up earlier.
I will release my attachment to: worry, business, tv, internet.
I will feel: whole, at peace, centered.
This year I will say NO to: anxiety, fear, projects that do not serve me in some way.
This year I will say YES to: uncertainty, openness, God, intimate moments, silence, aloneness.
My secret wish: To cook and eat good, simple food, pray, love my family and friends, and my man, take good walks, share fellowship, create things I am proud of.

No comments:
Post a Comment