Life has been a little crazy, even though it is supposed to be my time to chill. It is October, and hopefully once it feels more like October and I hit my 29th birthday later this week, I will have a more introspective post. However, I wanted to let you know that I did accomplish several things on my 30x30 this summer, with the help of my brother and my parents!
17) Dye my Hair Blue (August 2, 2013)
It was pretty great while it lasted, and everyone kept encouraging me to keep it, but I started to miss my brown, so I went back.
21) Fly in a Hot Air Balloon (August 14, 2013)
This was an amazing experience. My dad and I got up at 3am so we could get a sunrise launch on the eastern shore. It was so quiet and peaceful, and I got to pick leaves from the tops of trees. The fire roared powerfully each time he pulled the trigger to keep us aloft. We ended up crash landing in some corn as the stalks whipped by our faces and sprayed us with dew.
12) Visit Massachusetts and Walk the Freedom Trail (August 15, 2013)
I walked the entirety of the Freedom Trail in Boston (with my luggage) in one day. All 2.5 miles of it. I wish that I had more time there, because most places I did not get to explore, I just had to take a picture and breeze by. But I had to catch a bus to Concord to see Louisa May Alcott's House and Walden. It was a wonderful experience, and Walden was a perfect place to rest. My total walking with a backpack that day: 7.4 miles.
20) Go hiking and Camp Out Overnight (August 16, 2013)
I went to Massachusetts mainly to visit my brother, and it was pretty great. We went hiking near on a waterfall, we camped out overnight with cheese and beer and roasted hot dogs on sticks. Then we went canoeing the next day. Quality time with the bro.
Only 19 more to do! In a year. Fingers crossed!



No comments:
Post a Comment